CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Hearty Grilled Cheese

Photobucket

So I'm one of the many who LOVE a good grilled cheese. I have been getting lots of tomatoes lately from my dad (wasn't able to grow any at my house due to squirrels this year). I have tried different cheese and different bread. The thing I love about grilled cheese is you can make it all your own, and add new things if you usually just do cheese inside.

The other night I made this with Mozzerella and American cheese, and put Tomato inside.

This weekend I made it with Colby Jack and Swiss Cheese, put tomato and Turkey inside....man were both versions tasty!!


Ingredients:

2 Slices of bread (your choice, I usually use white or wheat, whatever we have)
Cheese of your choice, there are so many to choose from!!
Any other ingredients....I tried the tomato and that was really good
Ham, turkey or roast beef if you want meat
Butter/Margarine


Just take the bread, and butter it.
Place one pc butter side down in a hot pan (usually on like medium)
Place 1st type of cheese on bread
Place other fillings on cheese, then top with more cheese
Place other pc of bread, butter side up.

Photobucket

Cook til golden brown, then flip (you want to hold onto the sandwich while you flip it). Then finish that side til golden brown....and all cheese is melted.

Then just cut and eat. Yum! What a great fall treat for this cool weather, and it uses up all those fresh tomatoes too! Enjoy!

0 comments: